I think Easter is beginning to be one of my favorite holidays! I absolutely love the excitement that my boys catch when they anticipate the Easter bunny coming. Then when they see that he's actually been here, they can't contain their excitement and I can't keep the smile off of my face. I always say this, but each year it's even better as they grow bigger! The Easter bunny is so kind and visits us on Saturday mornings...I love it that way! That tricky bunny hid Logie's soccer ball in the tree at Grammy's house and Silas' basket was hung on the basket ball pole. Logan could not stop saying, "My soccer ball is in the tree!" And today at Grammy's, we would walk by the tree and he said, "That tree where my soccer ball was." Silas was SO serious about the business of finding Easter eggs. Then after the hunt was over, he wanted nothing more than there to be some wind so he could fly his kite. Sadly, there was never enough wind that day.
I don't know if there is anything in the world besides his Daddy that Logan likes more than soccer. He can dribble a soccer ball like a 12-year-old and definitely has a passion for it! (Weird to think a not quite 2-year-old has a passion but he does!)
After getting over-loaded with candy, the boys dyed Easter eggs with Aunt Izzy and Daddy and Mommy. This year Logie was the crazy who we had to try and keep from spilling the dye and breaking all of the eggs. Luckily, he only managed to spill one cup and only cracked about 4 eggs!
We also had our Easter Dinner on Saturday because my Pa was leaving to go to Mexico and Izzy and Scott would be in Provo. As part of our feast, Izzy taught us the CUTE idea of making "Resurrection Rolls". The boys loved them, and what a child-like way to teach about the real meaning of Easter!
"Resurrection Rolls"
1. Large Marshmallow--represents the pure and sinless body of Christ
2. Melted Butter--represents the oils put on His body (dip marshmallow in it)
3. Cinnamon Sugar--represents the spices put on His body (roll buttered marshmallow in it)
4. Crescent Roll Dough--represents the cloths He was wrapped in (wrap marshmallow inside)
5. Oven--represents the tomb and the oven door represents the rock to close the tomb (bake rolls in oven) We even taped the oven shut so the boys could see that no one could get in.
We stood guard like the Roman soldiers did, then took them out when they were done. Looking inside the rolls, the boys could see that the marshmallow was gone (it had melted), just like Jesus was gone from the tomb on the 3rd day. We then explained that Jesus was resurrected.
This Easter season as I have studied and tried to teach the Easter story to my children, my testimony has grown of the great importance of the words, "He is Risen". I never realized how many implications those words have in my life! Because Christ went through with the Atonement, because He suffered and died for all, then certain things were made possible.
- Because HE IS RISEN, Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness became operative and it became possible for me to be part of a Forever Family.
- Because HE IS RISEN, I will be resurrected some day.
- Because HE IS RISEN, I have a way to be forgiven of my sins and be in the presence of my Father in Heaven again.
- Because HE IS RISEN, my nephew Blaze who passed away before the age of accountability will be given Eternal Life.
- Because HE IS RISEN, I can find peace in times of trial.
- Because HE IS RISEN, everything that is unfair in this life will be made up for through the Atonement.



2 comments:
WE LOVE YOU!! What a great post! I love that the Easter Bunny comes on Saturday we are going to do that so the focus is much more on the real meaning of Easter! Thank You for sharing your testimony that HE IS RISEN it is just what I needed this morning. A tearful post thank you for always remembering our little angel Blaze we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Happee Easter :)
What a fun Easter! I'm loving the buzz cut on Logie...super cute, I mean handsome! The Easter bunny normally comes on Saturday around here, except daddy was gone on a scout camping trip Saturday morning this time so we did it Sunday instead. I definitely like it better Saturday, no mess everywhere on Sunday!
Post a Comment