Last year when I was really into decorating and home design projects, we bought a can of black paint with the intent to give our kitchen table and chairs a makeover. Well I lost the decorating bug before I got around to that project. With all the plans for decorating our new house, I have caught the bug again and we decided to do our table before we got busy with all the projects once we get the key to our house. Here's how it turned out:
BEFORE: (I forgot to take an actual before)
AFTER:
When I was about 1/2 way through, I thought, "What were we thinking!?" It turned out to be A LOT more work than I planned on, but I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Here are some things I learned though:
1. If you think painting and staining around little wooden dowels is going to be a lot of work, multiply what you think by about 100!
2. Buy paint that already has a gloss finish to it.
3. Use a roller for large surfaces.
4. Painters tape does not always work.
5. It will be worth it!
Now that we've lived and learned, I'm excited to move our "new" table into our new house (we close in a week!) and to do many more furniture re-finishing projects.



0 comments:
Post a Comment