Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cabin Fever

Lately I have been feeling like either
a)  My kids are just getting too crazy to handle or
b) I just am getting less and less patient
Although both of the above may be true, yesterday I realized something:  a & b might be happening partly because we are getting CABIN FEVER!  And with that, I think that my boys think they need to "tear apart the cabin"!  The other day I went into their room where they were playing and saw that every spare hanger in their room was tossed all over the place (at least 20 of them!)  Then a little later I walk into the room and Silas is taking apart all the matched socks I had just washed, and throwing them all over the room like they were leaves.  Meanwhile, Logan is taking my frying pans one-by-one and hiding them in his closet.  I have given up on having a clean place, I know there will be toys and books and even clothes everywhere ALL the TIME, but I drew the line at this!

Then some things happened to keep the Family in the Cabin HAPPY!  Yesterday was beautiful outside!  Izzy came over and we played on the playground with the boys with only jackets.  When we went inside our noses and fingers weren't even red!  I had an "ah ha!" and realized that, "duh, we are just getting too cramped being inside all winter long!"

It made me feel SO grateful for the warm weather.  Last weekend we were lucky enough to have Janet, Ray, Grayson, Darian, Cassie, and Zaylie over to play all Saturday.  We even got to enjoy the warm weather and went for a walk around the neighborhood.  We kind of looked like a fleet of parents and strollers!




Yeah, we pretty much have the cutests niece and nephews ever!

 Feeling so happy about the chance to be outside and play for the past week, my enjoyment was crushed that evening as we were dumped on by at least 2 inches of snow in 2 hours!  It's really not that bad though.  The snow is beautiful, and afterall, it is still winter right?

Despite our cabin fever, the boys manage to do SO MANY things that make me smile and laugh:

*I was laying on the floor in the evening and the boys kept climbing on me.  I said, "Hey guys, stop climbing on me, I'm trying to relax."  Silas says, "Why are you relaxing?"  I told him that he and Logie had wore me out.  A few minutes later, he is laying on the floor and says, "Mom, I'm relaxing too!  You and Logie wore me out too!"  I couldn't stop laughing!

*My brother who is in the military has taught Silas about the flag of our country.  As a result, whenever we are driving and Silas sees one, he yells out, "MOM! THE FLAG OF OUR COUNTRY!"  And I mean whenever he sees one!  On our way home from Stake Conference, we passed a car dealership and he said, "Hey Mom!  The BALLOON of our country!"  We looked and he was pointing at a balloon that had stars and stripes on it. 

*Logan is getting to be such a little talker!  At Stake Conference I asked Logan if he wanted to sit with Mom (he was sitting on Tyrel's lap) and he answered, "No.  My dad!" and clung to Tyrel. 

*Whenever Logan wants us to see something or get something for him, he says, "Come, me please walk."  And then he makes the "come" motion with his hand.

Oh and incase you are wondering, my newest nephew's name is ANDREW IGNACIO VARGAS.  I am dying to hold him and play with he and his little brother, but Daniel has RSV and we have been quarantined from Mom's house for weeks now!  It's so sad and we MISS them!

1 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

You are an amazing MOM! I am glad you got a little break from being inside the cabin :) Thanks for letting us play last weekend you are always welcome to come to our cabin to get out :) Love the name Andrew so cute! Poor Daniel hope he's getting better! Need copies of those pics they are DARLING except the one of my my hair looks AWEFUL! Love your boys and how much they are growing thanks for sharing all of their fun things! LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!