Busy, Busy, Busy. It's been a good week and a busy one. Here's the highlights of our week:
1. REAL Salt Lake Soccer Game: We got a sweet deal on some passes that will allow us to go to some sporting events and to Seven Peaks this summer. We went to our first soccer game and had a great time. Logan loved to watch the smoke from the "extreme fan" section. And then randomly he would look down at the field and point with a smile on his face, "Ball!" Silas loved the free cold chocolate and M&M's I was feeding him. He also liked to look for the flag of our country. Tyrel and I were just all about going to a live soccer game!
2. Playing outside! The weather was so nice this week and we were able to play outside a lot with our friends. The boys road their bikes around the courtyard and we moms got to chat :)
3. Our Saturday Run. I never thought I'd be journaling that running 12 miles was a highlight of my week, but here we are. I have been dreading this run, it is 1.1 mile short of what our half marathon will be. When I ran 8 miles a few weeks ago it was awful and very difficult for me, I couldn't imagine how I could run 12! But Tyrel and I were able to run together. We started at my mom's house, ran down a little past our house, and then did a BIG rectangle to get back to her house. When I hit mile 8, I felt just fine. It was at that point we decided our bodies had just given up and were saying, "Do whatever you want to and I'll let you, but the second you stop, I'm done!" So we did and it was only on the last mile and a half that our bodies were starting to get really tired. It was sure great to run with my Sweetheart! It makes it so much better! We rewarded ourselves with some In-And-Out Burger for dinner...mmm! Now we're pumped for our race in 2 weeks and we know WE CAN DO IT!
4. Hanging out with family! We have been quarantined away from my mom's house for over 3 weeks and it was awful! We missed seeing everyone and especially getting to know our new nephew, Andrew. But the quarantine was lifted last weekend and we have been hanging out plenty. We were waiting to hear about my brother's new unit and if they'd be deployed soon. I can gratefully announce that they are not scheduled to deploy until September of 2012! So he was able to come get his little family this weekend and today they are on their way to Washington to settle in. We have been so blessed to get to see them so much, considering they didn't really live in the state, more like were passing through. We had a great time this weekend hanging out and I just couldn't get enough of holding little Andrew. I'm in LOVE with that baby, and I'm with Silas who said, "Mom, can we take this baby home?" It was bitter sweet to say good-bye to them last night. I'm very excited for their family and the chance they have to be a family! Jon can now come home every night after work and they can have a place of their own. I am sad to see them go, especially because my nephews will have grown so much next time I get to see them! :(
January 7th, 2014
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment