Sunday, May 22, 2011

A letter to my 4-year-old

(This post has no other purpose than for me to reflect on and relay my gratitude for my sweet Si-bug who turned 4 today!) 



Happy 4th Birthday today to my sweet Si-bug, 
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it poured rain today, it was snowing the morning we went to the hospital to have you.  I can't believe how lucky I am to have been your mom for 4 years.  I know that I don't show it always and almost constantly loose my patience with you, but you're my sweet boy.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Here's some things I love about you:

*You give the best hugs and kisses!  I love how you will randomly come up to me and say, "I sure love you mom!" And then give me a great big hug and kiss.
*You are very inventive and come up with new ways to use things.  Come on, who else would have come up with "Bike Day"!!!  If something isn't working out for you, you come up with a different way to make it work.  And from stories Grammy tells me, I guess I was the same way.  I love how you take a simple thing like a Toy Story book that folds all the way out and you turn it into a "mover".  You then use that mover to slide things onto, or as a grocery conveyor belt.
*You have a great memory!  Sometimes this is not my favorite, but you sure are a sharp guy.  You could probably give directions to our house better than I can!  You also have a great memory for things you have learned about the gospel.  I can't believe that you on your own are working on memorizing Nephi's "I will go and do" scripture.  And it's also very impressive to hear you play the boat song on the piano!  I didn't even know that a 4-year-old could remember things like that!
*You love your family!  It melts my heart to see the special love you have for your daddy.  He can't even go pass the Sacrament because you just always want to be with him and be doing the things he does.  Even though there are lots of moments when you guys fight, you have a special love for your Logie Bear.  As you say, "You care about him."  When he is feeling sad, you make sure that I come to help him or you get there first and help him to feel happy.
*You love the temple.   I makes my heart happy everytime you point out the temple on the hill or talk about one day when you get married in the temple.  You have learned that the temple is a very special place, I know this because of the day when you were sad and you couldn't stop crying.  Then you asked if we could get down your picture of the temple for you to hold so you could not be sad anymore.  A few months later, when we were playing the binky game and you couldn't find the binky to make me happy, you gave me the temple picture instead.  Please don't ever forget that you LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE!

Thanks for being in our family.  I LOVE you SO SO much and love to watch you grow!
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Si-Si,
You sure have an awesome mommy! She's the best! I remember when you were born too. I sent you a little baseball outfit in the mail because I still lived in Texas. But as soon as I moved back to Idaho, I held you lots. Darian and I would babysit you when your mommy and daddy went on dates and we would have so much fun. You really liked this brown necklace that I wore all the time. It had these big brown beads that you would chew on. Guess what, Zaylie liked that same necklace when she was a baby too! I would also watch you sometimes when your mommy was in class. People would always say how cute you were...and you still are cute. Oh wait, I mean HANDSOME! I wish we still lived close so we could play all the time. I miss you and love you!

Momma King said...

This letter made me cry! Elena, you are such a good mom! So happy you are part of our family. And Silas, I remember the day you were born, too. I had the awesome privilage to be there with your mommy and daddy, and got to be one of the first people to hold you. I also marvel at your wonderful memory. The things you remember about the farm....I'm so glad that you love coming to the farm, I hope you never outgow that love.

I Love you,
Love Momma King

Ayisha said...

Such a cute letter. Elena, you're amazing and the best role model for EVERYONE! I can't believe Silas is already 4!!