Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Moab Trip

FUN! FUN! FUN!  We had such a fun time in Moab.  I think it should be a requirement every year to take a little trip in March to somewhere a little warmer.  We got to hang out with some of our favorite people (if you weren't there, it doesn't mean you're not one of our favorites :)  We rented a condo with Mom and Dad King, Janet and Ray, Darian and Cassie, Tristan, and Izzy and Scott.  It was great to be in a "homey" setting while on vacation and to have access to a kitchen.  Before we got to the condo, we stopped and Scott showed us a natural spring where we filled up our water bottles.  The water was yummy!




Here's a brief overview of the happenings:

Night #1  We went to the high school and watched DONKEY BASKETBALL.  It was a riot!  I can't believe that I never observed that in my home town!  Logan loved to see the donkeys and kept saying, "hee-haw", proud that he knew what they say.  He and Silas enjoyed a sit on the donkeys with Aunt Cassie during 1/2 time.





Day #2  Hiking Day.  Yeah we're a little bit crazy, going hiking the day before the race!  First we hiked to the "Windows", then had a picnic lunch, followed by the strenuous hike to "Delicate Arch".  I was so proud of my boys at how good they were.  Tyrel carried Logan most of the way and I carried Silas 1/2 and he walked about 1/2.  I would feed him a Pez and he would start to run up the hill until he "ran out of PEZ ENERGY".  At one point, Silas laid down on the rock for a little nap, he said he was all out of Pez Energy.  Logan of course had to get down and join him.
















Day #3...Race Day...(See next post)

0 comments: