Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Silas the Chef

Silas loves to help in the kitchen. He helps to load the silverware into the dishwasher and even faces them all the correct way. When I put a dirty cutting board in the dishwasher, he will take it out and put it where the clean cutting boards go.

Yesterday I was peeling potatoes to put in a stew and I put the bag of potatoes on the floor. Silas pulled a potato out and said, "Ball!" Then he put the nice and dirty potato in his mouth. I took it away and kept peeling potatoes. Then I noticed he had pulled another one out and it was a rotten one. So I hurried and took it away and threw it in the garbage saying, "Yucky!" I went back to peeling and Silas pulled another potato out of the bag, went over to the garbage, and threw it in. I told him "no" but he didn't understand. He now thought his job in life was to help me by throwing several potatoes in the garbage. So finally I put the bag up on the counter!

1 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

That's so funny. What a little helper! Good job writing stuff like that down. It'll be so fun to read a year down the road or more.