Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Days of School

How is this day already here?  I have no idea.  But somehow I have one old enough to go to school everyday!  Silas started Kindegarten last week and he was sure ready for it.  He had been doing the countdown for about a month.  On the first day, we walked to the school (I LOVE that it takes us 2 minutes to WALK there!)  and there was a flag ceremony in the front, then all the kindergarten students and parents went into the classroom for an open house.  We got to know his teacher, did a scavenger hunt to find things around the class and school, and he even got to pick his seat.  It lasted an hour and then we both went home.  The next day was the "real" first day for him.
We walked to the school and got there right as she was walking the class inside.  It all happened so fast that I said, "Wait, I need a hug and kiss".  He gave me one, then filed inside the big school with his class and I was left standing there with Logan.  It was a little emotional but this year I didn't cry.  Log and I just walked home and each day we have been enjoying some one-on-one time where we play Candy Land and do some Mommy Preschool.  
So far, Si has loved that there is a castle and a keva in the school library, he loves playing tether ball at recess, and he loves his teacher! It has definitely been an adjustment that our life now revolves around school.  We are working hard at getting to bed on time, and I am working hard at rolling myself out of bed in the morning and waking up to an alarm.  I really was so spoiled before!




 I have another little man who also has proved that he is ready to go to school and GLUE things!  The other night the boys were in the office playing.  I should have known better when it was quiet for 10 minutes straight.  When I opened the office door, this is what I found...
 a smiling Logie who said so proudly, "Mom!  Look at all the pictures I put up!"  He had glue stick stuck all these index cards to the door.
 Yesterday, my littlest man started neighborhood preschool.  This week it was at a house he had never been to before with a teacher he had never met.  But he just walked right in and jumped right in...he was ready to be at school like his big brother.  All week he had been wearing his backpack when we walked Si to school.  And every prayer that he said this week included, "And thank you that I can start school and that Si can start school."  Starting school has been very important to him.  At school, he had to make one thing for himself and one for Si.  It was weird after Tyrel and I dropped Logan off, we were driving home with no kids, and they weren't even at a babysitter!  So we came home and got stuff done.    Tyrel also started school a few weeks ago.  He started working on his Master's of Finance at the University of Utah.  He will have classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  It's going to be an exciting and interesting new stage of life we are in.

On Monday Si rode his bike to school and even remembered the combo to his bike lock.  Logan of course has to ride his bike there also, and Mom and Dad are enjoying being walked twice a day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it! My nephews are sooo big and cute and smart and fun! I love them! I'm impressed you weren't a bucket of tears, Elena! Miss you all!