Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Silas Spotlight

Well believe it or not, my not-so-little Si-Bug is actually starting school and will be doing his own Star Student Spotlight this year!  He was very excited for the first day, especially to be starting "on the same day as Little Corbin".  (It was harder for me than I thought it would be.  He was such a big boy and wanted to go in all by himself and have me stay in the car.  I made him let me walk to the door at least and then he gave me a kiss and said, "See ya Mom!" and didn't look back.  Then Logan said "See ya Mom!" and walked in with him.  Log was crushed when I had to tell him he wasn't staying for school).



Silas the Learner
So as school has been nearing, I have been teaching Silas some things.  We've been working on sounds and he knows Little Miss 'a', Mr. 'c', and Mr. 't' and can pick them out and even recognize the word 'cat'.  We have also been doing some Montessori Jobs.  He's great at doing a pouring job, a scooping job, and a sorting job.  Grammy tells me he is also very curious about outer space and what happens if there is no gravity.  As he has been going to preschool, he comes home and sings song to me like, "r-e-d; r-e-d; r-e-d spells red..."  I love it!  He sure loves to learn how things work!  When we were at the rodeo, he was more interested in watching how the shoot worked and exactly at what point the animal would come out then what the animal would do once out of the shoot.  And if we could just have a giant marble works like at the planitarium, I think that kid would be entertained every second of the day!


Silas the Talker
His language is definitely developed!!!  I get exhausted every day by how much this little boy loves to talk, to ask questions, and to explain how things work!  It's no wonder my mom used to ask me to count to 100.  I'm afraid he got the talk-non-stop gene from me :)

Silas the Worker
Silas now has daily jobs and does pretty good at them!  He is in charge of cleaning off the table after meals, wiping marks off the floor, and cleaning up the front room.  He is saving money to buy a pinball machine that we found at DI and he works hard doing extra jobs too in order to get it faster!  One of his extra jobs is helping to water our peach tree.
 Silas the Tender Heart
We have plenty of battling moments, but there are also plenty of sweet ones where Si will look up at me with the most sincere, smiling face and say, "I sure love you Mom!"  or "This is the best Mom!" when we're doing something together.  He and Logan also have mostly battling moments, but he does do the loving big brother thing too.  When Logan wakes up from his nap and is crying, Si is the first one to run into the room and hug him and put his arm around him to walk him out.  After Silas' preschool open house, he had a few candies he got and said, "Mom, I'm going to give this one to Log.  That will make him happy!"  He's good at sharing when not prompted too.  And he is about the sweetest big cousin you'll ever see!  He is IN LOVE with his new cousin Clifton, draws pictures for him and just adores him everytime he's near. 



1 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

It is so fun to watch Silas grow he is such a big boy now! I love that he is in preschool and loves it! He has a very tender heart and always wants to make sure everyone is included and I love his talking! What a great little boy you have we sure love him! Love the picture with Corbin too so cute!