This week we were at the grocery store and Silas went in Izzy's line in her cart. She told me about this conversation Silas had:
Checker: Wow you're a good helper!
Silas: Yeah.
Cheker: How old are you?
Silas: 3 1/2
Checker: Wow you're getting big!
Silas: Yeah. That's because I eat so much food!
This story is so funny because all of his life, getting him to eat any food has been the biggest battle we've fought with Silas. We have been telling him that he needs to do a good job eating all of his food so he can grow up big and strong. Lately we've been telling him he's getting so big and growing up. He's put two and two together and figures he must me eating lots of food!!!
At lunch this week he said:
"Hey Mom, everytime I take a bite, I say, mmm, I'M GROWING UP!" And he did, for about 20 bites in a row! But hey, whatever works to get him to eat!
1. He has started responding when I say I'm going to count to 3 and he better be at the table, he drags his feet for a minute, but then realizes at 2 that he better get moving.
2. I have actually seen him stop and think about consequences. He will start yelling at me and disobeying and then he'll stop mid-yell, think, and say with a sad/scared look on his face, "Um wait a minute Mom, I'm not doing that anymore." And then he'll start behaving.
3. He's getting to be a great counter! He can count to ten all by himself, but now he is asking me what comes after ten and is counting to 15 with a little help. He can also count backwards on his fingers so he knows how many bites he has left to take.
So Silas isn't the only one growing up. Apparently I am too. The other day my little sister Steph asked who wanted to play "Twister". We all groaned and it didn't sound even close to appealing. I used to LOVE to play "Twister". Since when did I get too old for it? And incase that didn't help me realize I'm a grown up, my conversation with Silas did:
Silas: "Mom, why are you a grown up?"
Me: "Cause".
Silas: "To make dinner?"
Me: (sigh an smile) "Yes."
Doing "Grown Up Things" (Saturday night at the movies--"Despicable Me")



5 comments:
Rucifee!- you are probably the cutest momma ever! I love that you "went to the movies"! You are truly great and inspire me to be better! I love you and I miss you! I can't believe how big your boys are!
I agree with Elise you are the cutest Momma ever! Make that the cuttest family ever! We are SOOOO happee that Silas is growing so big I bet you thought you'd never see the day and WE LOVE MOVIE night! Last but not least I'm so glad you growed up
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Ditto! What a fun looking movie night! I would totally pay a million bucks to go to movie night with my boys! I miss you and love you all!
Aw fun! I want to come to movie night too! :)
so cute about the grown up talk. I love hearing from you and seeing your pictures of your cute family.
Post a Comment