Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So Grateful this Independence Day!


So this Independence Day weekend we had SO much fun!  It felt like the weekend that just kept giving and giving and that we were given so much time to play!  Besides fun though, it was especially meaningful this time and we couldn't get our thoughts off of our troops and how grateful we are for them and their families who sacrifice! During the parade, there were several original Army jeeps with veterans riding in them.  Also, the jeeps included signs in tribute to some of their family members who had lost their lives in the service of our country.  There were soldiers who walked along the sides of the parade giving high fives to the kids.  Each time that one stopped and high fived Silas, I kept thinking of his Uncle Jon.  I'm so proud of my brother and grateful for him.  He has been away from his wife and 9 month-old son since January as he is working to complete his military training.  They are now blessed to be able to see each other on weekends.  I know I couldn't do it, but I have a great respect for those who do!  So as our tribute to our troops, especially those in our family, my boys were in the children's parade on Friday night and proudly waved their signs!  When Silas saw Daddy, Aunt Izzy, and Sarah, he waved and smiled so excitedly.  When Izzy asked what his sign said, he responded, "Thank you Uncle Jon!" 








1 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

Talk about at tear jerking post! We too are thankful for those who serve from your family for our freedoms! You are great examples to us of showing gratitude for all you have. We are grateful to live in this country and SO glad we were able to spend the weekend with you! WE LOVE YOU!