Wow I feel spoiled! Last year, Tyrel and his boss decided that if they made their goals for the year (as far as what they would bring into the company, etc.) then they would do a business retreat trip in January. Well, they did it and we got to go to Saint George, just as couples! My wonderful mom and everyone else at her house watched our boys, which was a huge blessing, I didn't even have to worry abou them!
Tyrel, Mitch, Mary, and I loaded up the van and left the yucky Salt Lake inversion and cold temps. to go play in St. George for 3 days. It was awesome when we came over the hill at one point and finally saw the sun! As we drove through town, we even rolled down the windows to take in the warmth!

We did so many fun things on our trip, I’m thinking that we need to make a trip to St. George in the winter an annual event! We ate at many yummy places—too many probably! Mary and I went shopping at the outlet mall while the boys went to visit some clients. And Mary and I both agreed it was nice to go shopping without a stroller!
The next day we went on a biking trail through the red rocks and desert area—it was awesome! At first I thought I was going to die! It was straight uphill and I am super out-of-shape! Tyrel and I ended up walking our bikes up the last part of it. Next was a terrifying downhill, I also thought I was going to die! I get pretty scared going downhill at high speeds, it makes me feel out of control. But after a few of those, it was perfect. Just enough steepness in the down hills to give me an adrenaline rush but not scare me out of my wits. Just enough physical work to give me a workout but not make me need to walk it. And it was a bunch of turns and ups and downs to be so fun!
Mary and I even went golfing with the boys. I’ve never been golfing before and I had an excellent time. I was pretty nervous about being embarrassingly awful, but I didn’t do too terribly, in fact, I even had some good shots. I especially loved driving the golf cart. We were at a country club and I couldn’t believe how high end it was and how premo we were treated! In fact,they had a dress code, no jeans and collared shirts were mandatory. Well I don't even own a polo shirt, so I packed this puffy sleeved baby doll top (it was that or my cowgirl shirt) and I felt ridiculous! When we walked into the clubhouse, they were having a 70% OFF sale and I immediately began looking at the polo shirts. So, I spontaneously bought a $70 shirt for $20, it's amazing how I'm all the sudden okay buying something impulsively if it will get me out of an embarrassing situation. After that, I looked like I go golfing all the time. Overall it was an awesome weekend. A break I truly needed and a great way to get rid of my stress! But I’ll say this, it was so great to get back to our kids. We missed them so much! They were so happy to see us too.
2 comments:
I feel the same way about mountain biking! Scary, but fun. Glad you could get a way for a little bit!
What a fun trip! I'm so jealous that you got to see the sun!
Post a Comment