Friday, July 31, 2009

No more Bink-Milk

As long as Silas has been holding his own milk, he has gone to bed with a binky and a milk. Since he began talking, it has been refered to as bink-milk. But lately, he had been biting his bink and it was getting a hole, no longer safe for him because he might choke on a piece of it. Also, he pointed out to us, "Bink broken, Dad fix, Dad fix!" So we told him we couldn't fix it and asked if he wanted to throw it in the garbage. He said yeah and he went to the kitchen and threw it away. We then gave him some Elmo slippers we had just bought at Kid to Kid and told him that he now got to have Milk-Slippers every night to go to bed. He was so excited and didn't even cry at all for loss of his bink. Since then, it has gone well, however, we have lost a little bit of sleep because he doesn't know how to get himself back to sleep without his binky so he's been waking up about 5 or 6 a.m. and after only an hour or so of nap. Whew! I thought we would never get that bink away from him, so I can do with a little sleep interuption for now.

Enjoy the pics, we can't seem to put the camera away!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! No more bink! I'm so glad it went so smoothly. Logan's smiles are precious, I wish I could be there to see them! Hope everythin is going well, we sure miss you guys!

DJWK said...

You guys- I Love the pictures! Wow, I just can't get over how much they look alike..Can't wait to see 'em!

Queen of Kings said...

YAY bink gone slippers in :) your Pics are DARLING I love Logans little smile he is getting so big! And I love Silass little napkin display! Your a DARLING family!