Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July Happenings

This is a really long post because...well...on my to-do list, blogging rarely seems to make its way to the top when I find a spare moment to get something done. So this is our July in brief:

MY TWO LITTLE ANGELS: Logan is one month old now, well almost 6 weeks actually, but one month in this picture. He eats like a little piggy which keeps me plenty busy. At his 1 month appointment he weighed 10 lbs 11 oz and was in the 75th percentile! It is funny for us to see rolls on our baby because Silas was always so little, nevertheless, I still find myself calling Logan Silas at times. Silas LOVES summer. His favorites are #1 popsicles (popashoos) which he could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner #2 Swimming in the pool with Daddy and #3 Baby Brother Gonan. He is always so concerned about him and if he is crying, Silas will race to him to put his binky in his mouth or say things like, "It's okay baby. Don't cry baby!" I can tell they are going to be best buds.




HOORAY I'M NOT PREGNANT: I am so enjoying not being pregnant. So far I have gone to play volleyball and softball, and slept on my stomach almost every night! I played in a stake softball tournament with my sisters and had so much fun, we even made shirts like in high school.




SWIMMIN' POOL: Whenever I tell Silas we are going to the swimming pool, he goes and gets ready. In this picture, he tried to put his Nemo swim diaper on but forgot to take his shorts off first and put both legs sideways through the hole. We got him this vest that allows him to float on his own and he loves swimming now. He will kick his legs and move his arms to get from one end of the pool to the other without help. In the video he jumps into Tyrel's arms, as of last night, he will just jump into the pool without being caught by anyone. We love having a pool here!!!

RIDING THE BULL: Janet and Ray invited us to Howell, UT for their founder's day and we had a blast. Silas was having a little baby envy and decided he needed to be in the baby carseat for a little while. Tyrel and Silas both rode the bull and needless to say, Silas is a natural. He didn't even get scared at all. That was the highlight of my week! And Logan sitting on Tyrel's lap also looks like he is riding the bull.





OUR NEW FURNITURE: We now have one piece of NEW furniture in our home. Everything else is second hand or was given to us (not complaining by-the-way). But I'm really excited about our new computer armoir (sp?) We decided that we were tired of telling Silas to stay out of the computer and stop touching the cords and plugging things in and changing the CD's and so on. So we got this and put a child lock on it. Now I just need to find some picture frames to put on top. Oh, and Silas had fun making a Silas Sandwich out of the box.



2 comments:

DJWK said...

Wow! Aren't you so surprised by how much the look alike? I am...and I still stare at Will and Katie - thinking the same thing. Love the Sport Shirts!! I want in on it too! Love you guys!

Queen of Kings said...

You are AMAZING! I love the long posts so never be sorry! You are a very busy lady! Love the pics of Silas and Logan they are adorable Yay for summer and swimming and your new Furnature is awesome! Love You Sister!