Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Moab 2012

This was our 3rd annual trip to Moab.  We go every year to run the Moab 1/2 Marathon in memory of our sweet nephew Blaze.  The past two years we have rented a condo and just played in Moab for two days with family.  Something we all look forward to!  The boys had the greatest time playing on the giant sand dune.  They both trucked it all the way to the top without being carried.  Silas was the first one there.

Race day was amazing.  The weather was so perfect this year!  It was a little warmer than it has been in the past so we weren't totally freezing while waiting in the canyon.  But it wasn't too hot either.  The only problem was the wind.  The last 2 miles were running directly into the wind which was...annoying to say the least!  Tyrel has two herniated discs in his back so he didn't get to run this year.  So I was very grateful that Steph was running with me!  That girl is AMAZING and I'm so proud of her for running the whole thing!  It was really great to a running as the "Running for Blaze Team" and a good chance to think of our angel nephew as I ran through the canyon.  My other motivation was my brother.  When I started to run mile 10, "Little Wonders" came on my ipod and I instantly thought of Jon and decided that mile 10 was for him.  It was very emotional for me and I soon started running at a 7.5 minute mile!  Well there weren't any mile marker signs after 10 so it turned out that the rest of the race was for Jon!  I had a great experience running the 1/2, but was VERY glad to be done training...I haven't run since!  Thanks Janet and Ray for starting a beautiful tradition!



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pic of those shirtless little men!!!! Love my nephews and miss them terribly!

Nisa and Colby said...

Good job! Glad you guys had a fun time!