Saturday, December 17, 2011

Little Wonders Round Two

So after we said goodbye and thought Jon wouldn't be able to be here for Thanksgiving...a tender mercy happened.  He was given out-of-state leave to come for the weekend of Thanksgiving...so we spent pretty much every second at my Mom's again playing with them.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and it was the first year I tried to make it "kid friendly" so we had fun with some kiddie projects.  So here's some more pictures of all the fun we had and the "small hours" that still remain.  Jon is now in Afghanistan or somewhere close to it, getting ready to settle in to a year's deployment.  We sure are proud of him and GRATEFUL to all the servicemen and their families! 


 Making Butter from cream



 Tired arm from shaking the butter


 Crazy Kids Table


 Chelsy watching her handsome hubby in uniform














 Playing with Jon's new knives after a day of knife shopping
 What a great Family!
 Getting ready to load the bus
Love him!

1 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Elena, I cried when I saw this post! I just can't imagine having to say goodbye for so long. Good luck to you and your family and especially your sister in law.