A few weeks ago, we could hardly contain our excitement as we waited to see Keslin who was returning from his mission in the Phillipeans. On the way to the airport, I was talking to Silas about missions and why they call missionaries Elder. At first he said, "Mom, I just want them to call me Silas." Then after about 5 miutes he changed his mind. "Actully Mom, when I get big I'll change my name to Elder King. Then he sang his own rendition of the missionary song, "I hope they call me Elder King!" I asked him where he was going to go on his mission and he said, "Brazil, like my daddy, because I like to play soccer and dance!" Melted my heart! Now in training, the next set of future King missionaries! Good thing he has so many uncles and aunts as examples!
We sadly didn't get to meet up with Keslin during his layover in Salt Lake, but the boys gave their sign to him a few days later when we went to the farm. It was sure great to have Kes around again and after a little bit, Logan warmed up to him (they'd never met before). Logan even requested the "Uncle Keslin" bedtime song after we returned from the farm.
January 7th, 2014
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment