This is a tribute to my Uncle Woody who passed away on Sunday. He has been battling cancer for about 3 years now so I am glad to see him free from his sufferings. I will miss him and the great blessing his was in my life. Here are some memories:
- When I was little, we girls had a date with Uncle Woody. He came over and we made breakfast for him. That night, we went ice skating and I was teaching him how to skate (he was a little wobbly). Some random girl tried to cut in and it made me so mad! I told her something to the effect of, "I think I can handle teaching him, he is my uncle, and he's my date!"
- When we went to visit Aunt Betty and Uncle Woody on the ranch, he was always wearing his overalls. He taught me how to milk a cow, took us on hay rides, and pulled us on tubes with his tractor.
- The men in my life not only had to go through Pa and Jon, but also through Uncle Woody. On my senior prom, he threatened my date and then turned to my friend Jeanna's date (he had only just met Jeanna) and threatened him as well. Tyrel also got threatened, but he and Uncle Woody got along great.
- Uncle Woody had some pretty good sayings that he always said at such appropriate times!
"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay in the lawn!"
"If you put your poop in one hand and your wants in the other hand, which do you
think will fill up first?"
I'll sure miss Uncle Woody and his one-of-a-kind personality! I find comfort to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for families, that the gospel is taught in the Spirit World, and that I will be able to see him again.




1 comments:
Those are some pretty great pictures Elena. We sure are going to miss him. Whenever we would go to Betty and Woody's after they moved to Billings, Tristan would always head up to the bedroom to see Papa Woody. It sure is going to be hard when he does it next time we are there. See you soon.
Post a Comment